With hits like When A Man Loves A Woman and Can I Touch You There, Michael Bolton has captured the hearts of many women in his four decade career. Here are some interesting facts about the Grammy Award-winning star:
1) The singer was born Michael Bolotin and is descended of two sets of Russian-Jewish immigrant grandparents. His first album was self-titled using his original surname, Bolotin.
2) Speaking of his early career – did you know that before he was king of power ballads, he was into heavy metal? Bolton was part of a hard rock band called Blackjack that once opened for Ozzy Osbourne on tour. He also auditioned to be the lead vocalist with Osbourne’s former band, Black Sabbath.
3) In a Daily Mail interview, Bolton says he’s been a vegetarian for over 40 years and that he used to love meat, but wanted to eat better to remain healthy and to maintain his voice.
4) Bolton founded the Michael Bolton Foundation in 1993, which now goes by the name Michael Bolton Charities. The organization supports at-risk women and children, and works to combat the effects of poverty and abuse. Bolton is also involved in numerous other charities and causes that include lobbying on behalf of the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence to provide more assistance for victims of domestic violence, such as affordable housing options.
5) While best known for his music career, Bolton also has some impressive film and television credits. He has appeared in films like Snow Dogs and High Voltage, as well as on Two and a Half Men. He also was an executive producer on works like TV’s Terror at Home: Domestic Violence in America and The Other Side of the Tracks.
6) Aside from his impressive musical career and acting chops, Bolton has also penned a children’s book, Secret Of The Lost Kingdom. In 2013, he also published an autobiography, The Soul of It All: My Music, My Life.
And there you have it – Michael Bolton, a man of many talents. Don’t miss out on seeing Grammy Award-winning Michael Bolton in the flesh as he performs some of his greatest hits and some Motown classics on June 5 @ 8PM.