Centre In The Square is always looking for the perfect event people to work at our world class theatre, and we are doing it again!
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Production Manager is responsible for ensuring that production and technical elements are met in a cost effective manner for all shows and events.
To learn more information about this position click here.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position email a cover letter, and resume to Joe Henning. Please use Production Manager Posting in the subject line. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Foster and maintain a good working relationship with IATSE Local 357
- Provide schedule and crew call requirements to the Crew Chief
- Monitor the daily production activities and work schedules for load ins, performances, corporate events, load outs and other production activities
- Interpret and ensure adherence to collective agreements
- Provide input to negotiation of the collective agreements
- Provide direction to IATSE crews and resolve disputes as required
- Interpret technical riders and prepare cost estimates
- Advance and coordinate production details including catering, hospitality, security, runners, transportation, merchandise and VIP events for shows as assigned
- Liaise with clients on all production matters related to their events
- Maintain positive, open lines of communication with clients and internal departments; identify potential problems and negotiate solutions which meet the needs of all parties
- Provide technical advice to internal departments on production related matters
- Schedule and rent production equipment from external suppliers to meet event requirements
- Provide on-site production management during event set-up, running and strike, resolving problems as they arise
- Provide complete and accurate settlement information relating to production costs in a timely manner
- Review crew timesheets and approve payroll
- Schedule Stage Door Receptionists and contracted security personnel
- Prepare show budgets and review production and technical budgets.
- Make recommendations and provide cost assessments for repairs, replacements and improvements, including for capital equipment and other special projects.
- Negotiate supplier contracts as required.
- Supervise IATSE (per collective agreement in conjunction with Director of Operations) and stage door staff
- Supervise contracted security
- Communicate corporate, health and safety and human resources policies and ensure compliance by staff and clients/promoters
- Ensure maintenance and inspections are completed as required
- Work in collaboration with other members of the management team to develop solutions to organization-wide problems and contribute to the achievement of overall organizational goals
- Assist with planning and coordination of technical capital projects
- Provide supervision of building engineering staff in the absence of the Director of Operations
Planning and Control
- Anticipate problems and initiate corrective action, keeping senior management informed of problems of a serious nature or having broad impact
- Conduct post-mortems on events when required to identify ways to improve overall service standards and operational efficiencies
Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Post-secondary degree or diploma in related field or equivalent experience
3-5 years of theatre and production management experience with financial accountability
Experience in a presenting roadhouse.
Experience working in a unionized environment.
Joint Health and Safety Committee experience is an asset
Experience supervising facility maintenance staff and contracts is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
Practical knowledge of employment, labour and health and safety laws
Knowledge of audio, lighting, video, rigging and staging
Strong leadership skills
Excellent communication, negotiating and decision making skills
Excellent problem solving skills, resourceful
Ability to work long hours including days, evenings and weekends as required
Good knowledge of MSOffice and some knowledge of CADD programs
Working at Heights training
First Aid and CPR certification
Equipment required to perform duties
Standard office equipment
PPE (safety shoes, hard hat, safety harness)
Ladders & personnel lifts
Deadline to apply: Friday January 28, 2022
Centre In The Square is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices that attract and retain individuals with disabilities and is committed to ensuring that its recruitment and assessment processes are fair and accessible. For more information visit our accessibility policy.